People who have crooked teeth need correct teeth alignment. What most people know is that, for crooked teeth, only braces is the best solution. What many individuals do not know, invisalign is already available. If you are a person with crooked teeth or someone who simply wants to know how to treat a crooked teeth, this article will help you understand what you want to learn. A lot of questions could be popping up your mind right now. What is invisalign? Who needs this kind of teeth procedure? How long will the teeth be aligned with this dental technique? And how much does it costs? Let us answer them one by one so pay attention to clearly understand.
What Is Invisalign?
We can safely say that invisalign is a type of brace, however, it is removable. Invisalign straightens teeth using adetachable aligner. These aligners are nearly invisible and care custom-made specifically designed for your teeth. Your dentist will require you to change your aligner every two weeks. It needs to be adjusted because your teeth will be moving according to how your teeth will be corrected. Invisalign straightens teeth to improve a person’s smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- An examination by a dental practitioner will be done.
- Impressions are taken of your teeth using impression trays that are filled with impression material which is placed over your teeth.
- Once set, the impressions are carefully removed.
- Your impressions together with your dental records are sent to invisalign.
- Your dentist will use the impressions to create a digital model of your teeth based on the treatment plan that will be used on you.
- The invisalign software plans the movement of your teeth from their current position to the final desired position.
- The digital model will now allow you to see how your teeth will look like after the treatment using invisalign.
- A careful study will be taken for the approval of the treatment plan.
- Then a series of invisalign aligners will be custom-made for you.
- The aligners will be placed over your teeth where they will snugly fit.
- The aligners will follow the stages of the treatment plan.
- These aligners can be removed for eating, drinking and cleaning.
- Every two weeks you will switch to the next set of aligners.
- Each aligner will move your teeth gradually, stage by stage until your teeth straightens.
The typical price of invisalign braces is between $3,500 and $8,000. Talk to your dentist. He can give you the nearest estimated price. It is a bit higher than the cost of a regular braces. If you do not have that money right now and you really want to avail the invisalign braces as soon as possible, try your dental insurance. Invisalign braces are also covered. Invisalign prices differ. It is best to be financially prepared so your options are limitless.
Expectation On Invisalign Braces
Invisalign can be painful. But that is normal. Your teeth will move therefore discomfort will be felt. Another thing that you will be noticing with invisalign over your teeth is the slight changes in your speech. It is due to slight lisp. But as soon as you remove your invisalign, your speech will get back to normal. So there is nothing for you to worry about.